[ardour-users] Refugee from Windoze/Cubase -drowning in Linux/Ardour

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 18:37:24 PDT 2005

Keith,
   Sorry your having troubles. It actually looks to me lieka lot of
stuff is working and maybe you're sort of confused about the structure
of all of this. I see others have responded so I'll go in a different
direction. I hope it helps. Will you please run a few commands for me
and post the output back in an email? Thanks!

uname -r

cat /proc/asound/version

cat /proc/asound/cards

cat /proc/interrupts

/sbin/lsmod

My hope here is to get a quick view of the real status of the box.

If you would please try strting Jack in a terminal using the following commands:

jackd -d alsa -r 44100 -d hw

jackd -d alsa -r 48000 -d hw

jackd -R -d alsa -r 44100 -d hw

Let's stop there and see how you do. I suspect things are better than you think.

Good luck,
Mark

On 4/18/05, Keith Smith <kah.smith at shaw.ca> wrote:

> Hello to all.
<SNIP>

>      1. What the heck am I doing wrong?

Not posting soon enough and gettign frustrated! ;-)

<MASSIVE SNIP>