[ardour-users] timefx tool crashes ardour

Andrew Johnston andyandtaya at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 16:16:39 PDT 2005

I apologise if this is a double post, I couldn't be sure that my first
one got through.

when I use the timefx tool and press the 'stretch it/shrink it' button,
ardour exits.  These are the messages it gives for that operation:

subgraph starting at ardour timed out (subgraph_wait_fd=11, status = 0,
state = Triggered)

**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 1.127 msecs

cannot read event response from client [ardour] (Connection reset by peer)
bad status for client event handling (type = 8)
cannot send event to client [ardour] (Broken pipe)
bad status for client event handling (type = 8)
Segmentation fault

For your info:
O/S = FC3
Kernel = 2.6.10-2.1.ll.rhfc3.ccrma
Ardour = 0.9beta28 (ccrma built rpm)
System = Pentium 4 2.66 GHz, 512MB RAM
Sound Card = SiS codec ac97, module snd_intel8x0

Not sure if there's a workaround, any help would be great.
Thanks again
Andrew