[ardour-users] OT - 2.6.11 kernels for audio

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 13:40:11 PDT 2005

On Apr 11, 2005 1:43 PM, Rob Fell <robin.fell at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:
> > On Apr 11, 2005 12:56 PM, Rob Fell <robin.fell at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> >>If I were doing it again I'd either (a) check-out the Gentoo kernels, or
> >>(b) pick a kernel to match Ingos latest RT patchset.
> >
> > Yeah, I should probably pay more attention to possibly the ck kernel?
> > Any comments from your perspective on which kernel might be the best
> > for running low latency audio as a normal user?
>
> My opinion on such things would be worth all you paid for it right now -
> I too haven't kept up with the state of the art.  That said, I've heard
> "good things" about Gentoo sources - probably worth checking the Gentoo
> forums to see if anyone there has hard numbers.
>
> Might also be worth asking on jack-dev since Lee Revell (sp?) appears to
> hang out there and seems to be closer to the pulse.

Yeah, sounds like a plan. Lee and Fernando are both a great help. I do
this only about twice a year. I did it last October and have been
running at sub-3mS since then on 2.6.9. However all learning I did is
long lost. Must start over again.

I've heard nothing about ext3 problems. Then again I subscribe to very
few lists these days.

Thanks,
Mark