[ardour-users] OT - 2.6.11 kernels for audio

Rob Fell robin.fell at ntlworld.com
Mon Apr 11 12:56:22 PDT 2005

Mark Knecht wrote:
>    Anyone doing 2.6.11 yet? What's your experience? How did you patch
> to make Ardour work well.

I'm currently running 2.6.11-rc4-RT-V0.7.39-02.  Stock sources plus
Ingos RT patches.

Since I'm using the ZLM on my delta-1010 I don't run particularly low
latencies - I have been able to get reliable 5ms(ish) on my now ageing
1.3GHz Duron.  Apparently there is an issue with my kernel between ext3
and low-lat performance - which explains why I'm not able to go below
5ms(ish) reliably.

If I were doing it again I'd either (a) check-out the Gentoo kernels, or
(b) pick a kernel to match Ingos latest RT patchset.

Best of luck Mark