[ardour-users] Ardour, Jack won't start

Loren Dias lorendias at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 14:50:55 PDT 2005

(I think this is where you email to get replies in the mailing list)

Hi, i try to run "Ardour" under the run console, i get this message

--------------------
Ardour could not connect to JACK.
There are several possible reasons :
1) Jack is not running
2) Jack is running as another user, perhaps root
3) There is already another client called "ardour"

Please consider these possabilities, and perhaps (re)start Jack
--------------------

Jack gives me

--------------------
owner at ubuntu:~$ jack
This is jack 3.1.1 (C)2004 Arne Zellentin <zarne at users.sf.net>
 *warning* config file /etc/jackrc is of unknown version None.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/jack_functions.py", line 134, in gettoc
    exec(jack_helpers.helpers[toc_prog]['toc_fkt'])
  File "<string>", line 4, in ?
error: (5, 'Input/output error')
Trouble reading the disk's TOC. If you already ripped the CD, you'll have to
cd into the created directory which is either named after the CD's title
or still called jack-xxxxxxxx (xxxxxxxx is a hex number).

I'm not sure if i need to run "jackstart", or other jack commands
since i've tried all i  saw in the /usr/bin folder, I'm currently on
Kubuntu and im not really sure what to do next, thanks for your help

    ~ Loren