[ardour-users] Digidesign ownes M-Audio?

Them idragosani at chapelperilous.net
Sun Sep 12 11:05:56 PDT 2004

Antoine Rivoire wrote:

>>>I don't think I have seen this mentioned here. Sounds like this could
>>>have major repercussions on the linux audio community.
>>>
>>>http://www.digidesign.com/
>>
>>In what way?
>
> well, avid does not digidesign. but it seems to significant enough for
> digidesign to put it on their own website. therefore one can assume that
> there will be repercussions on both product lines

It appears to me that M-Audio will still exist as separate business unit
and aren't going to be absorbed into the Digidesign business.  I don't
know how this is going to impact the Linux audio world unless they
completely redesign or discontinue the M-Audio product line (which has a
different market than Digidesign).

-- Brett