[ardour-users] Ardour 0.9 beta 19 not working...

Josh Karnes jkarnes1 at austin.rr.com
Wed Sep 1 19:41:09 PDT 2004

OK so I backed everything up, upgraded (with the FC1 RPM from planet CCRMA), and
now Ardour crashes immediately when it launches.

Here's the error:

[root at localhost usbkey]# ardour
Ardour/GTK 0.529.3 running with libardour 0.827.4
ardour: [WARNING]: Your system generates "Mod2" when the NumLock key is pressed.
This can cause problems when editing so Ardour will use Mod3 to mean Meta rather
than Mod2
ardour: [ERROR]: KeyboardTarget: unknown action
"edit-cursor-to-selection-start"ardour: [ERROR]: KeyboardTarget: unknown action
"edit-cursor-to-selection-end"
ardour: [ERROR]: KeyboardTarget: unknown action "set-mouse-mode-scrub"
ardour: [ERROR]: KeyboardTarget: unknown action "start-selection"
ardour: [ERROR]: KeyboardTarget: unknown action "finish-selection"
ardour: [ERROR]: KeyboardTarget: unknown action "extend-selection-to-end-of-region"
ardour: [ERROR]: KeyboardTarget: unknown action
"extend-selection-to-start-of-region"
ardour: [ERROR]: KeyboardTarget: unknown action "duplicate-selection"
ardour: [ERROR]: KeyboardTarget: unknown action "split-region"
ardour: relocation error: ardour: undefined symbol: jack_set_thread_init_callback
[root at localhost usbkey]#

What's up with that?  What do I need to fix?

FWIW RPM won't let me have two versions of Ardour installed (that I know of) and
downgrading is not working with these rpms, so I'm a bit stuck...

System is FC1 with fluxbox but same problem with gnome.

Thanks-
-josh