[ardour-users] ardour doesn't find libjack.so.0, exits.

Damien DeZurik ddezurik at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 24 20:03:09 PDT 2004

Hi, I am using Fedora core 2, gcc version 3.3.3,
ardour-0.9beta19.  I configure, make, make install,
all seems okay once I satisfied the dependencies.
When I run the executable, it can't find the jack .so
library and dies right away.  The error looks like
this:

-----
[person at svetlana somedir]$ ardour &
ardour: error while loading shared libraries:
libjack.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory
-----

By the way, the library is in /usr/local/lib and is
readable to any user.

Is this a ./configure option to set?  Should I hack
this into the Makefile somewhere?

libjack looks like this...

-----
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root root    802 Oct 24 15:41
libjack.la
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root     17 Oct 24 15:41
libjack.so -> libjack.so.0.0.23
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root     17 Oct 24 15:41
libjack.so.0 -> libjack.so.0.0.23
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root root 220979 Oct 24 15:41
libjack.so.0.0.23
-----

I browsed the ardour-users-ardour.org archives and saw
no subjects matching this issue.

Thanks,
Any help is appreciated.

Bozeman, MT  USA