[ardour-users] Ardour crashes when closing sessions

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 10:36:17 PDT 2004

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:49:07 -0400, Jesse Chappell <jesse at essej.net> wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote on Fri, 22-Oct-2004:
>
>  > > Seriously though, Paul fixed several race condition bugs that
>  > > could be causing some of these, including crashes involving looping
>  > > and session closing.
>  >
>  > So I'd need to build form CVS? Is there a new tarball to download from
>  > somewhere?
>
> I've just updated the CVS snapshot tarball at http://ardour.org/releases/

It failed on my system at the ./autogen.sh step:
flash ardour $ ./autogen.sh

Checking basic compilation tools ...

pkg-config: found.
autoconf: found.
aclocal: found.
automake: found.
libtool: found.
gettext: found.
autopoint: found.

linking autoconf macros to
/home/mark/CODE/ARDOUR/Ardour-cvs-20041022/ardour/aclocal ...

Bootstrapping makefiles etc.

Ignore any warnings about AC_TRY_RUN, AC_PROG_LEX, and AC_DEFINE ...

<SNIP>

Building autoconf files for libs/midi++ ...
configure.ac:33: warning: do not use m4_patsubst: use patsubst or m4_bpatsubst
aclocal.m4:546: AM_CONFIG_HEADER is expanded from...
configure.ac:33: the top level
configure.ac:112: warning: do not use m4_regexp: use regexp or m4_bregexp
aclocal.m4:559: _AM_DIRNAME is expanded from...
configure.ac:112: the top level
Makefile.am:11: SYSDEP_SRCS was already defined in condition TRUE,
which implies condition WITH_ALSA_SEQUENCER_TRUE

  SYSDEP_SRCS (User, where = 11) +=
  {
    TRUE =>
  }
Makefile.am:36: warning: automake does not support conditional
definition of SYSDEP_SRCS in libmidipp_a_SOURCES
midi++/Makefile.am:15: comment following trailing backslash
flash ardour $