[ardour-users] Need help sizing a new DAW.

Nathan_Christensen at BeverlyCorp.com Nathan_Christensen at BeverlyCorp.com
Mon Oct 18 14:17:41 PDT 2004

Ok.  I am mostly curious about the processor and RAM.

-----Original Message-----
From: James Rich [mailto:james at universe.chowhouse.com]
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 4:13 PM
To: Nathan_Christensen at BeverlyCorp.com
Cc: ardour-users-ardour.org at lists.ardour.org
Subject: Re: [ardour-users] Need help sizing a new DAW.

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 Nathan_Christensen at BeverlyCorp.com wrote:

> How big a box should I build if I want to record 24 tracks at once?
>
> Processor(s)?
>
> RAM?
>
> I was thinking of using three Delta 1010's.

Why go 3 deltas?  a single RME HDSP9652 is probably easier to setup and
configure than 3 cards.

James Rich

CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE:
This e-mail message and any attachment(s) (collectively, this "Email") are
intended only for the confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient named above or an
agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient named above,
you have received this Email in error. Please notify the sender immediately
and permanently delete this Email and any copies thereof.