[ardour-dev] Fwd: [ardour-users] fst configure error

Josh Karnes jkarnes1 at austin.rr.com
Wed Oct 13 13:07:09 PDT 2004

> Well, in order to get a version with the latest bugfixes, your choices are either to
> compile the latest source snapshot (can be non-trivial for the uninitiated), or to wait
> until our next release when CCRMA will generate a new RPM for
> it.

no... in order to get a version with THIS bug fix, then the bug needs to not be
moved to "r" before it is investigated.  I am pretty confident this bug is not
fixed.  The recommendation was to build the same exact version from source.

>  > ...  so...  I just tried to build Ardour again and I'll type in all of the
>  > errors and post them here, because maybe they're real...
>
> It is unfortunate that it isn't on the network, I assume there
> is a reason you can't even set up temporarily.  But, if you have
> a floppy or USB flash drive, it would be easier to copy the compile
> error output between the computers that way, rather than type it in manually.
>
> jlc

yeah for some inexplicable reason my USB flash drive won't work any more.
Suddenly says type "tvfat" is not supported by the kernel (bs).  Dunno why.  yet
another problem to debug on this so-called "reliable" linux machine.  makes me
long for Windows.  And it's not on a network #1 because it has no network card
and #2 because it's an all-audio computer.

so for now, I have to retype the errors.