[ardour-users] Posative Linux story and questions

Rob robin.fell at ntlworld.com
Mon Nov 29 10:15:00 PST 2004

Like Jan, I too would wholeheartedly recommend Ardour.  I boot only one
kernel, and Ardour happily coexists with KMail, Opera, Eagle PCB etc without
any trouble - even below 3ms latency.

On Monday 29 November 2004 17:28, eviltwin69 at cableone.net wrote:
<snip>
> To get enough input
> channels you'll either have to look at buying multiple M-Audio 1010s
<snip>

A thread has been running on alsa-user for a few weeks now in which someone
has tried (so far unsuccessfully) to get 2 delta1010's working under JACK.

I have a delta1010 (only one) - and it's a great card, but I'd be cautious
about dropping a few hundred quid on a pair of them just now.  You have been
warned :)

Good luck with your venture.
Rob