[ardour-users] export crash, 0.9beta19

ross at lug.udel.edu ross at lug.udel.edu
Tue Nov 16 16:02:23 PST 2004

Hello everyone,

	Long time no Ardour - haven't really done any recording in
months.  Had something like beta9.1 installed, when I ran into an
export problem.  First thing I did was upgrade to the latest release,
but I'm still seeing the exact same crash.

	I have a session that I'm using to transfer material from
cassette tapes to digital.  It's all spoken word, so I started jack at
16kHz (-r 16000).  I recorded a few of the tapes and decided I'd
export some of the tracks to clean up disk space.

	First I tried exporting at 22.5kHz.  The progress bar goes a
litte bit, then boom, I get a Seg Fault.  With beta9.1, same thing for
44.1kHz.  With beta19, the export is running right now at 44.1kHz with
no issue.

	I was disappointed to see I couldn't export at 16kHz, without
any resampling.  Are oddball sampling rates a known issue?  Would more
debugging info be interesting?  I could build a debug ardour and run
through gdb if this is a crash that needs to be addressed.

Thanks for the great software,
Ross

(BTW - Does everyone know that ardour-dev-ardour.org at ardour.org is not
being accepted by the mail hosts for ardour.org?  The welcome message
indicated that it wasn't used much anymore, but it was actually
broken.  Just FYI.)

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at lug.udel.edu