[ardour-users] some questions

Jack O'Quin joq at io.com
Thu Nov 11 07:25:10 PST 2004

matt at tinysongs.com writes:

> Fortunately, Ardour works nicely in OSX and Core Audio now
> (shhh..it's supposed to be kept on the downlow, dig?) though there
> is no OSX port of LADSPA yet so the effects are not running.  (I say
> "yet" but I haven't found anyone who is interested in porting LADSPA
> effects to OSX and I am not a programmer.)  I am keeping my hope
> alive.

LADSPA itself is just a header file.  That works fine on OSX.  But,
many useful LADSPA plugins currently do not build on OSX, because the
Mach loader is enough different to cause problems for dynamically
loaded shared objects.

Steve Harris has been working to port has large and excellent
swh-plugins package to OSX.  He is travelling at the moment, but I
feel sure there will be OSX support for that package Real Soon Now.
--
  joq