[ardour-users] some questions

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Wed Nov 10 15:38:24 PST 2004

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 11:47:06 -0500
Dave Phillips <dlphilp at bright.net> wrote:
>     Do you run Jack + Ardour as root ? (It seems to fix some performance
> problems for me).

No, I run it as a regular user, using jackstart in qjackctl, all on to of
a 2.4.26-1.ll.rh90.ccrma kernel.

>     Do you have any favorite LADSPA or VST effects you use frequently ?

I use the amplifiers a lot, but I tend to use outboard compression, reverb
and the like.  I did find an auto-panner that I quite liked last week!

>     I'm using a Delta 66 card. If you're using such a card, what are
> your JACK settings ?

/usr/bin/jackstart -R -p512 -dalsa -dice1712 -r44100 -p256 -n2 -zs -H -M

Hope this helps!

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com