[ardour-users] pan positions are not gettng saved

Josh Karnes jkarnes1 at austin.rr.com
Mon Nov 8 07:05:20 PST 2004

Chris Bozic wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have several sessions with mono tracks that use ladspa plugins that
> output to stereo.  I try to pan these tracks in various ways and it
> works great for the duration of that session.  But if I save a
> session, close ardour, then come back later and reopen the same
> session, my panning positions are reset back to center for all tracks.
>  Is anyone else having this problem?  Is there a way to work around
> it?
>
> btw... I'm using beta19

This seems to be a known bug.

Workaround that works for me is to open the session from a command line as
an argument to Ardour, such as:

[user at localhost.localdomain]$ ardour /home/project/project-file.ardour &

this will run open the session with the pans in the position they were in
last time the session was saved.

Looks like the bug is set to be fixed in beta21 or 22 or whatever the next
release is.