[ardour-users] Sends in Ardour

gerard van dongen gml at xs4all.nl
Sun Nov 7 07:44:05 PST 2004

> On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 08:50, Josh Karnes wrote:
>> How do I do effects sends in Ardour?  I want to add pre-fader sends just
>> like you would with the send knobs on a mixing console...  for example
>> put a
>> reverb somewhere and send every track with variable levels to the
>> reverb.
>> How do I do that?

The same way you add a plugin. Right-click in the redirect part of the
mixer strip.
But choose "add send"
ctrl-right click allows you to set the level.
This creates a jack port you can route to wherever you want.
F.i. to an fx bus or an external app, or a seperate output on your
mutlichannel soundcard, so you can route it to your lexicon/TC-electronic
reverb.

the route-parameter window is also handy to set this stuff up

AFAIK there are no true-stereo sends yet, nor can you automate the levels
of the send.
Although I think you can midi control it, so you could use an sequencer
for automation.

Gerard