[ardour-users] Midi Bindings...

R Parker rtp405 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 15 09:22:22 PST 2004

You can use 'dd bs=1 if=/dev/snd/midiC1D1' to
interactively find the file that messages are being
written into. You'll probably find a number of
possible files. Here's mine:
midiC0D0  midiC0D3  midiC0D6  midiC1D1  midiC1D4
midiC1D7  midiC2D2  midiC2D5  midiC3D0  midiC3D3
midiC3D6
midiC0D1  midiC0D4  midiC0D7  midiC1D2  midiC1D5
midiC2D0  midiC2D3  midiC2D6  midiC3D1  midiC3D4
midiC3D7
midiC0D2  midiC0D5  midiC1D0  midiC1D3  midiC1D6
midiC2D1  midiC2D4  midiC2D7  midiC3D2  midiC3D5

Assuming midiC1D1 then ardour.rc would include
"<MIDI-port tag="hw:0" device="/dev/snd/midiC1D0"
type="alsa/raw" mode="duplex"/>
  <Config>"

I'm not particularly good at configuring MIDI stuff
and honestly don't even know how I manage. There is an
alsa tool that's intended for tracing MIDI but I
forget its name and location. It's probably better
than dd.

ron