[ardour-users] the land of xruns

Chris Metzler cmetzler at speakeasy.net
Fri Mar 5 18:53:50 PST 2004

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 21:36:55 -0500
Matt Polashek <matt at tinysongs.com> wrote:

> I am in the land of xruns.  Can someone help me get out. I am running
> Fedora fc1.

There are lots of things to suggest -- low-latency and preemptable
kernel patches if you're running a 2.4 kernel, shifting IRQ assignments
around, messing with PCI bus latency settings, running jackd (and thus
ardour) as root to use the -R option, killing off any running screensaver
daemon and other sound servers like esd/aRtsd, and I'm sure other
people here will think of more.  What have you already tried?

-c

Chris Metzler			cmetzler at speakeasy.snip-me.net
		(remove "snip-me." to email)