[ardour-users] subgraph starting at ardour timed out

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Tue Mar 2 09:50:08 PST 2004

Ivan Z. Ganza wrote on Tue, 02-Mar-2004:

 > Start jack, start ardour.  Open up previous session, hit play.  Sound
 > plays, sounds great!  As soon as I stop this soon afterward I get the
 > subgraph error.  It seems to only happen soon after I STOP interacting
 > with ardour though.  I'm forced to restart ardour after this error.
 >
 > any suggestions?  There is more then enough CPU power on this box.  This
 > CPU is HT and I'm running under an SMP aware kernel, is this bad?

Hard to say why you get the subgraph error.  However, you really
should be running JACK with the realtime flag (-R), since you
use 2.6, Jack O'Quin's realtime security module will allow you
to use the realtime flag as a normal user.   http://www.joq.us/
Otherwise, to get realtime privileges you would need to run JACK
and all jack apps as root.

I recommend trying out realtime, to see if these problems recur.

jlc