[ardour-users] alsa can't find my es1371 card

Keith kmceng at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 12 13:12:01 PDT 2004

The latest... I installed the new kernel from thac's RPM's.
[root at localhost tmp] uname -r
2.6.7-0.rc3.1.sds.1mdk

[root at localhost tmp]# jackstart
jackstart: cannot get realtime capabilities, current capabilities are:
           =ep cap_setpcap-ep
    probably running under a kernel with capabilities disabled,
    a suitable kernel would have printed something like "=eip"

Tried the old
jackd -R ..... and STILL get the same results!!!!

Gee, can anyone say Acid Pro?
Well, that's enough for now, I gotta go to band practice.

Keith