[ardour-users] Control surfaces

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Mon Jun 7 11:35:38 PDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 01:55:16PM -0400, Them wrote:
> Them wrote:
>
> >Actually, I was looking also at the Contour Shuttle Pro (which I can get
> >a discount since I have a registered version of Cakewalk) and some of
> >the M-Audio controllers, which are all USB (and cheaper than the JL
> >Cooper products).  > Do you have more information on their support under
> >Linux?  I couldn't find any via the Linux USB site.
>
> I spoke too soon, I found some info:
>
> http://member.nifty.ne.jp/Breeze/softwares/unix/usbmidi-e.html

Those are OSS-compatible drivers. Is anybody using those?
ALSA has supported usb midi for some time now.

The issue with M-audio usb midi gear is that many of them
require you to load firmware from the host computer, which means you
need firmware loading software.  See the notes on this page:
http://usb-midi-fw.sourceforge.net/

I got my Oxygen working fine:
http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php?page=USBMidiDevices

--