[ardour-users] Control surfaces

Them idragosani at chapelperilous.net
Mon Jun 7 10:50:31 PDT 2004

Jesse Chappell wrote:

>  > It seems a lot of the less expensive controllers (like ALL of the
>  > M-Audio ones) are USB only, and will only work under Winders or Mac
>  > since software is used for the USB->MIDI interface.
>
> Actually, almost all of the USB->midi hardware is supported in
> linux right now.  A few of the other dedicated USB controllers
> (such as the contour shuttlepro) can be supported via a user-level
> driver that maps to alsaseq MMC, etc.
>
> What hardware do you have in mind?

Actually, I was looking also at the Contour Shuttle Pro (which I can get
a discount since I have a registered version of Cakewalk) and some of
the M-Audio controllers, which are all USB (and cheaper than the JL
Cooper products).  Do you have more information on their support under
Linux?  I couldn't find any via the Linux USB site.

-- Brett