[ardour-users] Control surfaces

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Mon Jun 7 08:02:08 PDT 2004

Them wrote on Mon, 07-Jun-2004:

 > What control surfaces, if any, are known to work with Ardour, even if
 > just basic transport control?  I'm running 0.9beta16 (just installed
 > yesterday, in fact).

Any midi surface that has sends transport controls via MMC should
work with ardour.  As for faders and knobs, ardour currently "learns"
bindings from midi CC or note on/offs from controllers.

Some of the more advanced controllers (mackie control, etc) use
a more complex protocol that is not supported by ardour at this
time, but will be sometime in the future.

jlc