[ardour-users] install ardour-0.9beta16.1 on mac os 10.2.3

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Mon Jun 7 06:29:05 PDT 2004

Hi Benoit,

The others are correct, you either do not have GCC installed or it is
not the proper version. According to the Changelog on the website,
"ardour will NOT compile with gcc 2.95". The OSX developers tools
provides GCC 3.1 [OSX 10.2] or 3.3 [OSX 10.3]. I am *pretty* sure these
are sufficient, so install from the Developers Tools CD you have, or try
to download one from Mac [but my experience says that this is a big pain
the derriere! ;-) ]

Also, please make sure you have all this stuff:

     * JACK 0.98 or later
     * GTK+ 1.2 series
     * sndfile 1.0 or later
     * raptor
     * lrdf
     * XML2
     * samplerate
     * art_lgpl 2.3.16 or later

Jack could be another problem on OSX, I am not sure. You might have to
search the Jack user's list for tips on that, or try the downloadable
binary from:

http://www.jackosx.com/

Warning: a few people I know have downloaded this package, but haven't
gotten it to work [could be they didn't read the documentation,
however...]. Of course, you are welcome to try! But it might be better
to compile from source.

I highly recommend using Fink to take care of the other required libraries:

http://fink.sourceforge.net/

Please report back to this list with your success or failure! ;-)

Bon voyage!
d.

derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl
---Oblique Strategy # 11: