[ardour-users] weird seg fault corrupt session thing??

Aaron Trumm thirdoption at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 27 20:45:29 PDT 2004

Hi y'all - I reported this on mantis but now I think I have the report wrong
- I said that this happened apparently when using the zoom function in
9beta16 (gentoo ebuild, latest) - but now it's happened just randomly and
I've also been able to use the zoom function and not have it happen -
basically what happens is, either I seg fault, or in two cases, just exited
normally, and then when I try to open those projects again, it seg faults
and exits, and gives this error:

ardour: [WARNING]: no MIDI ports specified: no MMC or MTC control possible
ardour: [ERROR]: KeyboardTarget: unknown action "set-mouse-mode-scrub"

** WARNING **: gtk_canvas_item_set(): could not find argument "Ä
                                                                ö" in the
`GtkC                                            anvasPolygon' class
ancestry

** WARNING **: gtk_canvas_item_set(): could not find argument "Ä
                                                                ö" in the
`GtkC                                            anvasPolygon' class
ancestry

** WARNING **: gtk_canvas_item_set(): could not find argument "Ä
                                                                ö" in the
`GtkC                                            anvasPolygon' class
ancestry

** WARNING **: gtk_canvas_item_set(): could not find argument "Ä
                                                                ö" in the
`GtkC                                            anvasPolygon' class
ancestry
Segmentation fault

I've been looking in the .ardour and instant.xml files and I can't find
anything that looks even remotely odd to me (not that I know a lot, but in
comparing them to sessions that are working, they seem fine

have we seen this before?  what's to be done about it?  I know I know I
should've been paying VERY close attention to the lists and mantis and I'd
know whether we've seen this before, but - well - SUE me ;)

Aaron Trumm
aaron at nquit.com
http://www.nquit.com/thirdoption