[ardour-users] Midi port...

Russell Hanaghan hanaghan at starband.net
Thu Jul 15 18:11:59 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 08:13, Jesse Chappell wrote:
> Florian Schmidt wrote on Thu, 15-Jul-2004:
>
>  > On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 13:51:35 -0000
>  > "gerard van dongen" <gml at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>  >
>  > > Ardour either uses a raw midi device (f.i. /dev/snd/midiC0D0 or somthing
>  > > like this) or it can set up for an alsa sequencer port.
>  > > The available options are in the config files, and the one used is set in
>  > > the option window.
>  > > Clearly if it uses the raw device, another app can't use that device.
>  > > So you can either set it up to use /dev/snd/midiC1Dx if card1 is
>  > > snd-seq-dummy or set it up as a sequencer client.

I'm still using beta 11.2 because I found beta 17.2 to be unstable for
my needs. I may not be in fact but I did not have time to figure out why
it was crashing so I reverted to the version I knew was working...

So in the ardour config file, can I use snd-seq-dummy in place of the
raw device and expect arodur to translate the midi code I connect to the
virtual in port of snd-seq-dummy?