[ardour-users] OT: jack install problem for Ardour

Jim Dory jdory at gci.net
Sun Jul 4 11:55:55 PDT 2004

I'm searching the jack lists but haven't found it yet. Hoping someone
here has a quick answer. (I'm not signed up - I already get too many
emails.)

I thought I would try to install ardour on Suse 8.2 but when I'm trying
the latest tarball of jack-audio-connection-kit I have a problem. First,
the faq on their page says to do:
sh ./autogen.sh in the untarred directory. I get a no such file or
directory with that command.

Next, I try a ./configure and get this:
./configure: line 1150: config.log: Permission denied

If I go to that line in the log, it says:
#define HAVE_SYS_STAT_H 1

or in the configure file it says:
exec 5>config.log

and below it is:

cat >&5 <<_ACEOF
This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

It was created by $as_me, which was
generated by GNU Autoconf 2.57.  Invocation command line was

  $ $0 $@

_ACEOF

Perhaps it is a simple permissions problem. I can configure jack as
root, but I get that error as a user.

Thanks for reading, Jim