[ardour-users] Re: [ardour-dev] Latency: AGP vs PCI video card and XFS journalling vs not

Robert Jordens rjo-lists at gmx.de
Tue Feb 24 14:39:21 PST 2004

Hello!

[Tue, 24 Feb 2004] Eric wrote:
> OOOHHHH...well that's almost certainly my latency problem then.  I
> never even considered that the deb of jack puts its fifo somewhere I
> don't have mounted on tmpfs...I thought jack universally put its fifo
> in /dev/shm or /tmp, both of which are tmpfs for me.

ATM in Debian the place for the tmpdir is the default: /tmp. So for you
this i on tmpfs.

There is some latency-test package floating around. You could use that
to seem in what subsystem (cpu, graphics, soundcard) your problem lies.

        Robert.

--
Live never to be ashamed if anything you do or say is
published around the world -- even if what is published is not true.