[ardour-users] records and stops in 2 seconds

Alex Timmer mijn_troep at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 12:59:44 PST 2004

Dave,

please always let us know what version of Jack and Ardour you use. now
some possible causes and things to try:

1) there is an option in ARDOUR to stop recording after an Xrun occurs.
make sure that is not ticked (windows->option editor->misc)

i note you do not start JACK with "realtime" privileges (-R). this is
usually nescecerry to be able to run with smaller buffer sizes && no
Xruns:

2) run JACK with realtime priviliges (option -R). (NOTE: if you dont
have capabilities compiled in your kernel, you need to run JACK and all
its clients as root)

if you dont have capabilities installed and dont want to run JACK +
ARDOUR as root you can try to:
3) increase JACK buffersize -p to say -p4096

if your system needs more tuning, read Jan Depner's excellent page:
http://myweb.cableone.net/eviltwin69/ALSA_JACK_ARDOUR.html
[does not work for me at the moment, though link should be correct]

let us know how you get on.
gr, ALEX

 --- dgodin at hologic.com wrote: > Hello

> I am new to the list, I installed Demudi and after many tribulations
> I got it to work. I am now trying to figure out why Ardour records
> for a very short peroid of time (maybe 2 or 3 seconds) and then
> stops. I noticed that on the title bar there is an indication the the
> catch is 100% . Is that the problem?
>
> my jack parameters are "jackd -d alsa -d hw:0 -p256" currently. I
> have tried all vaues from 64 on up.
>
> Please advise, thank you kindly for your help.
>
> Dave

Does your mail provider give you FREE antivirus protection?
Get Yahoo! Mail http://uk.mail.yahoo.com