[ardour-users] cs46xx question

Dave Godin dgodin at hologic.com
Fri Feb 20 08:34:55 PST 2004

Hello

I am new to the list, as a result of my new Demudi install. I have very
little experience with jack...I have to start jack with someting like this
'jackd -d-alsa hw:0 -p64' When I open Ardour, I add a bus and then a track,
select 'record' the sound meters spike AND it sounds like there is a humming
or somekind of feedback going on. It is difficult to stablize the sound
level, but when I do and try to record, it records for only a moment...there
is lots of noise. Is this the result of my jackd settings or my sound card?

Thank you for your time

Dave