[ardour-users] Can't record Audio

Steven breakerfall at ntlworld.com
Mon Feb 23 05:39:25 PST 2004

Hello

I'm having trouble recording using Ardour with JACK. I have a Creative
Audigy Platinum with the front drive panel. I have the panel fully
working and can hear audio when played through the Aux2 channel (which I
want to use).

I run JACK with modes: jackd -t500 -dalsa -ddefault -r44100 -p1024 -n2
-m -S -H

using JACK 0.94.0. When I run Ardour and make a new Session, then arm
the Audio track for recording and then press the Record button, it
flashes. The actual record button blinks red and nothing happens, no
recording commences. I have been able to record to software such as
Audacity just using ALSA - but I'm new to Jack aswell as Ardour so I'm
not entirely sure where the problem lies.

Any reply appreciated.
Steven.