[ardour-users] Re: [ardour-dev] Latency: AGP vs PCI video card and XFS journalling vs not

Eric ej at ir.iit.edu
Sun Feb 22 15:07:21 PST 2004

So if you do use journalling, is a bigger or smaller journal size
better for recording?  On my initial read, XFS sounds at least as good
as others for audio stuff (mostly due to its design for video editing
boxes), but I would happily give up journalling on my audio
filesystems if that would solve things.  Anyone know if its possible
to turn off journalling in XFS (do I just set the size to zero)?
Otherwise I'll just try ext2 and report back on whether that solves my
issues...

I'm 99% sure I am using tmpfs for my jack fifos as I have both /tmp
and /dev/shm mounted on it...I will confirm this...it'd be great if
that was just my problem.  I will also be buying an AGP card and I'll
report back if that solves/doesn't solve it.

thanks,
eric.

--
http://ir.iit.edu/~ej