[ardour-users] audio card to use with Ardour

federico tubaro federico.tubaro at libero.it
Sun Feb 15 04:34:39 PST 2004

Hi friends,
at the moment I'm working with ms win xp, cubase sx 2 and creamware luna.
I installed Ardour. It's running and I'd like gradually migrate to that system. I need to get an audio card with no latency with 2 IN / 2 OUT 24/96 analog.
Who can suggest me a good audio card to use with Ardour? I'm thinking to RME Digi 96/8 Pad. What do you think?
I work mainly in pop / electronic productions and I need to play several audio track (up to 24) with several plugins.
I use an AMD Athlon 1.4GHz, 640 MB RAM.
Thank you for your help.
F.T.