[ardour-users] Best hardware config for running Ardour

Jason Jones j at poeticintensity.com
Mon Dec 20 10:55:29 PST 2004

Brett McCoy wrote:

>>> 5)Can I import movies in Ardour, if not, what would be the best way
>>> to put sound in movie using free software ?
>>>

>> Sorry, I can't help you with that one ;-)
>

> I think the best bet for synching audio and video right now is
> Cinelerra -- http://heroinewarrior.com/cinelerra.php3.  I don't think
> it uses JACK but does support ALSA and LADSPA.
>
> Kino also has some (more limited) audio support.  Your biggest issue,
> of course, is going to be synchronization.

I have tried multiple times to get Cinelerra to work with 0% success.  I
have, however, successfully got MainActor to work, and it works quite
well.  It costs a bit to register, but at least it works.

If anyone has successfully got Cinelerra to work, would you mind
shedding some light on how you did it?

--Jason