[ardour-users] common plugins?

Zachris Trolin zach-tro at dsv.su.se
Mon Dec 13 12:52:26 PST 2004

You should have a quick look at:
DJ EQ - simple and nice eq. (or try a single band parametric eq)
Freeverb3 - reverb.
SC4(i think) compressor - use it as plugin or use jamin
Feedback Delay (n seconds)- an ordinary feedback delay

These are my tips. Although my common plugin preferences are often
unorthodox - I like to make strange patches in pure-data that
autonomously alter parameters and change the sound in drastic and noise
producing ways :) - lots of delays with feedback and lossy
pitch-shifters etc

To destroy audio in Ardour you could use the Lo-Fi plugin...

If you have a sound and want some kind of "stereo width" you could apply
a very *very* short delay on one chanel and just let the unaltered mono
sound pass by on the other chanel. It's a nice trick...
Now then you don't use a 4 chanel cassette deck you can start to use
Ardours unlimited tracks and unlimited possibilities of sending and
mixing audio streams...