[ardour-users] common plugins?

Brian Seitz wholok at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 11:44:32 PST 2004

I'm a little overwhelmed by the wide variety of plugins available when
I install Ardour and friends in Debian.  I'm coming from a background
of mostly doing 4 track cassette stuff in a basement.  I'm used to
little multi-effects boxes with reverb, eq, compression, etc.  When
I'm using Ardour these days, I go through the list and pick something
that looks like what I want.  Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm not.

I'd appreciate some recommendations on what plugins people use most
often.  I want to learn through experience how to use a decent subset
of the available plugins effectively.

And one additional quesiton:  What is the difference between putting
in a plugin "pre" vs. "post"?

Thanks,

Brian