[ardour-users] adour using over 80% CPU when doing nothing

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Sat Dec 4 15:34:57 PST 2004

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004, Ben Edwards wrote:

> When I start ardour at the top is cays 'Buffer p: 87% c: 100%' and
> when I record is sounds juttery when I play back.  I am using
> 0.9beta19.
>
> Any idea why?

Those Buffer %s refer to the filling of the diskstream buffers,
*not* cpu.  No problems there.  However, the jittery sound could
be related to xrun issues.  You will need to provide all the
information about your system as possible, including kernel
version, distribution, jackd options (period size, etc), sound
card, cpu, ram, etc.

jlc