[ardour-users] Newbie to ardour

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Fri Aug 27 11:19:36 PDT 2004

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 10:43:37 -0700
Jason Jones <j at poeticintensity.com> wrote:

> Could anyone give me any pointers on ways to expand ardour's
> capabilities to record more than one track at a time?  Maybe hardware
> with multiple ins / outs?

Exactly. You need a multi channel card to record more than one track at
once [well, with a normal stereo in you can technically record two mono
tracks at the same time].

Anyways. When you got one of those multi channel cards you can just hook
up specific in's to the tracks you want. Record arm those tracks, then
press record on the transport and roll..

flo