[ardour-users] Lynx One?

Robert Jonsson rj at spamatica.se
Sun Aug 15 13:03:02 PDT 2004

söndagen den 15 augusti 2004 20.51 skrev R Parker:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> --- Andreas Johansson <andreas at bolanski.com> wrote:
> > Does anyone know if the LynxOne audio card works in
> > ardour/alsa?
>
> Not a clue. The Linux Audio User list might be a
> better place to ask. If nobody confirms usability, I
> wouldn't even consider trying it. There are enough
> good cards that work and if using audio apps is the
> objective, nothing would suck more than having a card
> that doesn't work.
>
> ron
>
> > It seems to use the same chip as the RME series
> > (fpga) but in the alsa
> > supported list its gray and undetermined if it
> > works.

That it uses the same chip does probably not prove anything. And fpga is a
programmable chip, LynxOne probably has a totally different firmware (and
thus totally different hardware) than the RME cards.
That said it could still be supported but I don't think it has happened.

/Robert

http://spamatica.se/music/