[ardour-users] cd track markers + seamless track changes

Brett W. McCoy idragosani at chapelperilous.net
Tue Aug 10 14:46:44 PDT 2004

Michaël Ball wrote:

> I have a pretty basic question involving cd track markers and seamless
> track changes. I've been working on recording, mixing and mastering an
> album, and it's in its final stages. However, there are certain songs
> which run into each other, with no gap in between them. What would be
> the best way to achieve this with ardour? It needs to be completely
> seamless.

This is something you would do with the CD mastering.  cdrdao (and it's
companion GUI, gcdmaster) can accomplish this, as it creates CD
disk-at-once images.  Otherwise, if you use track-at-once image
creation, your CD will have 2 second gaps between each track.

http://cdrdao.sourceforge.net/

--
Rule of Feline Frustration:
         When your cat has fallen asleep on your lap and looks utterly