[ardour-users] kernel for Gentoo + xruns after 5-6 seconds of recording 8 channels

Allan Klinbail allan_k at dodo.com.au
Tue Aug 10 05:35:53 PDT 2004

Hi

I'm using the standard 2.4.26 gentoo kernel and do not get this problem.
While my sound card is only 4 channel, I tried recording in 8 channels
from Hydrogen and had no such issues running with jack period of 128
frames. I have found manually starting jack gives better performance
than using qjackctl.

I am on a 2.4 G (400 MHZ FSB) P4, with 500 MB of 266 MHz Ram.

cheers

Allan

Allan Klinbail <allan_k at dodo.com.au>