[ardour-users] Ardour not using available memory?

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Fri Apr 30 11:44:03 PDT 2004

Oh, I forgot to mention.  DO NOT buy SCSI disks unless you're sure that
your controller won't give you the same kind of problems that the
Adaptec 29.. family has
(http://www.staudio.de/kb/english/conflicts/index.html#2940)
This has been reported with other controllers as well.  If you want to
read a very interesting article on performance differences between SCSI
and IDE for audio work read
http://www.prorec.com/prorec/articles.nsf/articles/1A37C1C69674D6D786256950005D2C39
It may surprise you.

Jan