[ardour-users] Ardour not using available memory?
scott at scotthelmke.com
Thu Apr 29 07:05:17 PDT 2004
Thanks to CCRMA I've finally gotten Ardour somewhat usable, but with some
frustrating limitations. And still xruns, oy vey...
Anyway, I suspect things would improve a lot if I could:
1. Lower CPU usage. It's an Athlon 2600 or thereabouts, and with about 10
tracks recorded, 4 actually playing back, and a very few plugins (simple
compressor on 2-3 tracks, single parametric on 2 tracks, and Gverb on one
track) the CPU load is around 50%.
2. Increase memory actually used. I've got a full Gb, but top shows only
about half actually being used. Ardour uses around 150Mb, and shows a lot
of disk activity even when I just jump back to the start of the song after a
playback. It's definitely getting stuff back off disk even in playback.
P.S. Audio card is Delta-44, and I'm recording at 44.1/16.
---- Scott Helmke ---- scott at scotthelmke.com ---- (734) 604-9340 ----
And you'll visualize not taking any chances
But meet them halfway with love, peace, and persuasion
And expect them to rise to the occasion
(from "Glad Tidings", by Van Morrison)
More information about the Ardour-Users