[Ardour-Dev] Status of Artour 6? Ready for the fearless testers?

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Wed Sep 12 08:03:56 PDT 2018

Hi guys,

a while ago, people like me who used to follow Ardour git master for
daily work were advised to step back and stick to 5.x while the dust
settles on Ardour 6...

Now my question is this: does it make sense at this point to move back
to git master for non-critical studio work (i.e. the client is not in
the room, and if it crashes, nobody will know), and the deadlines are
not deadly.
I'm prepared to encounter the occasional rough edge and maybe help shake
things out. I would like to avoid massive loss of work and data when
it's already known that it's more likely to happen than not, and I would
hate to work on a session for days only to find that a subsequent change
to the session file format renders it unusable without easy workarounds
(manual XML editing would be ok).

So?

All best,

Jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Tuinbouwstraat 180, 1097 ZB Amsterdam, Nederland

Meister für Veranstaltungstechnik (Bühne/Studio), Tonmeister VDT
http://stackingdwarves.net