[Ardour-Dev] RIN File support

Dominik Schmidt-Philipp dSP at freakaria.com
Wed Sep 13 12:21:52 PDT 2017

Hi,

I am new to this list and this is my first post.

About me: I have known Ardour for a while now (version 1 or 2 included in Dynebolic) but it has
not been my main DAW. I am a musician, have some programming knowledge and am now
studying MusicProduction. I am planning to generally base my workflow around Libre Software
and using Ardour as DAW.

I was wondering whether anyone has thought of implementing RIN-file support into Ardour. RIN
files are an attempt from the Musicindustry to have a common standard of collecting Metadata
for audio and might get relevant for professional audio work. Specs are available online[1]

Thank you!
dSP

[1]: https://kb.ddex.net/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=9111217