[Ardour-Dev] Development Summary (5.8..ba24f287ca)

Tim Mayberry mojofunk at gmail.com
Sun May 7 02:51:37 PDT 2017

On Mon, May 1, 2017 at 5:18 PM, Tim Mayberry <mojofunk at gmail.com> wrote:

> It has been about two months since the last release. Things have settled
> down a bit in master, so the plan (AFAIK) is to try and get another Ardour
> release out within the week.
>
> The next few days would be a good time to submit any translation updates
> and
> further testing of the nightly builds is very welcome.

After a little discussion the plan has changed, the intention is now to tag
a release before LAC (http://musinf.univ-st-etienne.fr/lac2017GB.html),
probably on the 14th or 15th.

The main reason being the decision to merge a branch that moves parts of
the selection model out of the GUI and into libardour. This was done in
order to address a few long standing issues and enable some functionality,
but time is required to get wider testing and feedback.

If your following the commit log you may have also noticed a few other
fixes committed, with the extra time we will try and get a few more into
the release.

There now also a bit more time for translation updates to be applied/merged.

Tim