[Ardour-Dev] Introducing support for ShuttlePRO v2

Johannes Mueller github at johannes-mueller.org
Fri Jun 30 14:25:12 PDT 2017

I wrote:
> Brett McCoy wrote:
> > I have a ShuttleXpress, do you think it will work using the same
> > libraries?

[...]

> Probably it would be a good idea to make the surface try to discover if it
> finds a ShuttlePRO or a ShuttleXpress. I will look into that.

I just pushed a new version, that tries just that. If it does not find a
ShuttlePRO it tries to find an ShuttleXpress, assuming, that the ShuttleXpress
behaves just like a ShuttlePRO whose buttons 6-15 are never used.

So it should be also usable with the ShuttleXpress

The udev rule needs to be adjusted

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0b33", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0020",
MODE="660", GROUP="users"

I appreciate any kind of feedback

Thx

Johannes