[Ardour-Dev] OSC control of individual processors?

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Mon Jun 19 15:01:13 PDT 2017

On 06/19/2017 07:44 PM, Robin Gareus wrote:
> On 06/19/2017 07:35 PM, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
>> Hi *!
>>
>> I would like to be able to control a certain parameter of a certain
>> processor in every track/bus via OSC.
>
> Every track at the same time? One message to all plugins?
> I don't think that's possible.

My bad, sorry, each track individually.

> But there's  "/strip/plugin/parameter" "iiif"
>
> first int: mixer-strip-id
> 2nd int: Nth plugin (start counting at 1)
> 3rd int: parameter ID (plugin-input control)
> 4th param: actual control value to set as float
>
> Hint check Window > Log for errors (parameter mismatch)
>
> Example:
>
>    oscsend localhost 3819 /strip/plugin/parameter iiif 3 1 2 400

I was using this a while ago and while it worked somehow, I hit upon a
weird bug (some params being inaccessible, I need to dig up some old
notes, I think I put it in mantis...).
But since /strip doesn't show up when I run "ardour5 -A", I thought it
had been discontinued and didn't consider it. Is there a specific reason
it's omitted from the generated list?

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
De Rijpgracht 8, 1055VR Amsterdam, Nederland

Meister für Veranstaltungstechnik (Bühne/Studio), Tonmeister VDT
http://stackingdwarves.net