[Ardour-Dev] Feedback on string-convert branch

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Jan 4 12:13:57 PST 2017

Hi Tim, MSVC is throwing up a minor problem...

I switched to your new branch and added the 2 new source files to libpbd
(i.e. to my MSVC project).

libpbd itself built okay - but when I try to build anything further up
the chain (e.g. libardour) 'string_convert.h' gives me this error at
lines 77, 152 and 239:-

     error C2039: 'TO_STRING_TEMPLATE_NOT_DEFINED_FOR_THIS_TYPE' : is
not a member of global namespace'

(and likewise for line 336).  If I comment out those lines temporarily,
everything then builds okay.  I haven't yet tried a Debug build (so I
don't yet know if the DEBUG_SCONVERT stuff works) but in the meantime, I
thought I'd flag this up to you.

On a slightly sour note - when I try to run the built executable it
immediately crashes at this line in function 'main()':-

     l_msg = setlocale (LC_MESSAGES, NULL);

but I guess that might be an unrelated problem? (it's getting too late
here to investigate any further).  Hope that helps,

John